When you are looking for rifle scope reviews, quality and value are not two things that often go together. Not so in the scope market, as long as you know where to look. The Meopta company, based in the Czech Republic, has been making fine optic instruments for the past 70 years, and their rifle scopes give the impression of being much more expensive than they truly are. With two different series from which to choose, the MeoStar and MeoPro, Meopta has the scope you are looking for and will exceed your expectations.
Meopta Scope Features
The first thing you will notice about a Meopta scope is that it looks good. Made with only high grade aircraft aluminum, the Meopta scopes are put through the Elox anodizing process to give them a durable matte black finish. Light transmission is optimized by using anti-reflective lens coatings and ion assisted applications processes, making them perfect for low light performance. The sealed, nitrogen purged body is waterproof and fog resistant, as well. Depending on the model you choose, you can opt for illuminated reticle or illuminated center dot features with manual controlled variable intensity.
MeoStar vs MeoPro
While all parts are manufactured in Europe, assembly varies between the two lines. The MeoPro series is assembled in the United States, while the MeoStar is assembled in Europe. MeoStar is also a higher end design with better image quality than the MeoPro. Consequently, the MeoStar line comes with a bigger pricetag than does the MeoPro, but most Meopta scope reviews claim that both lines are excellent performers.
The MeoStar series is composed of the following eight products:
- R1 1.5-6×42 RD – ideal for deer hunting
- R1 3-10×50 – low light and power performance
- R1 3-12×56 – great for rapidly changing light conditions
- R1 3-12×56 RD – red dot illumination for low light
- R1 4-16×44 – precision at long ranges
- R1r 3-12×56 – second plane reticles
- R1r 3-12×56 RD – designed for night hunting with red dot illumination
- R1r 3-12×56 RGD – red or green dot for night and day hunting
>>> Check price on MeoStar Series Scopes <<<
The MeoPro series also has eight models, listed below:
- 3-9×42 – an all-around hunting scope
- 3-9×50 – all-around scope with larger objective for low light hunting
- 3.5-10×44 – larger objective for twilight hunting
- 3.5-10×44 RD – extra range and red dot illumination
- 4-12×50 – extra reach for open terrain
- 4-12×50 BSR – limited edition with Broken Skull Ranch laser etched graphic
- 6-18×50 – perfect for long range performance
- 6×42 – fixed power scope for close to medium shooting range
>>> Check Price on MeoPro Series Scopes <<<
When reading Meopta scope reviews, you will find that most agree that both Meopta lines are fantastic atgathering light, making them fantastic tools for hunting at night or twilight. The MeoPro series will run you about half the cost of a MeoStar, but even MeoStar scopes will give you unprecedented bang for your buck when compared with other quality European optics. Most hunters will find the lighter, more affordable MeoPro scopes very appealing and easy to use.