Review: Leupold 115387 Mark AR MOD 1 Rifle Scope
If you’re looking for a scope that will help you shoot better at long distance targets but cannot afford those ultra expensive high-end models, then the Leupold 115387 Mark AR MOD 1 Rifle Scope may be something that will interest you. Designed by Leupold, one of the leading manufacturers in telescoping sights, this scope will satisfy the demands of the most exacting hunters. In this review, we’ll take a closer look at some of its pros and cons, as well as give you a run down on some of the scope’s best features.
Cluttered Reticle with Illuminated Center Dot
One of the best features of this rifle scope is its reticle. Slightly cluttered, the reticle features an illuminated center dot which does most of the hunting for you. When activated, the center dot makes it really easy for you to pick your target and quickly make your shots.
Equipped with Multicoated 4 Lens
The worst enemy you can face when out hunting is glare. Because light tends to reflect off the surface of lenses, it reduces image quality and makes it difficult for you to hit your targets with accuracy. In a bid to overcome this problem, the Leupold engineers developed their own proprietary superior lens coating system which is utilized in the Leupold 115387 riflescope. The scope’s multicoated 4 lens keeps image quality pristine by increasing the amount of light that reaches your eye, and minimizes the reflection of light on the outer eyepiece. Therefore, you’ll have a clear view of your targets and surroundings at all times.
Krypton/Argon Waterproof Layer
Another Leupold proprietary technology used by this scope is the 2nd generation Argon/Krypton gas blend waterproofing technology. This gas blend technology is superior to the commonly used dry Nitrogen waterproofing technology in two ways.
For starters, Krypton/Argon molecules are larger than nitrogen molecules, meaning they can sustain their attributes over a broader temperature range. This therefore means that the Leupold 115387 riflescope remains waterproof at all times since the Krypton/Argon molecules are resistant to diffusion and leaking. Secondly, the Krypton/Argon makes the Leupold 115387 Rifle Scope resistant to thermal shock.
- The rifle scope is lightweight and will not weigh down your rifle
- Adjustment-making is very easy when you go with this scope
- Enables you to shoot accurately over distances ranging from 100 to 600 yards (and even more if you’re highly skilled)
- Turrets are clearly marked with a specific bullet weight and velocity
- Runs on batteries that are easy to find
- The reticle’s illuminated center dot lets you know when you’re at minimum and maximum illumination
- Uses a quantum optical system which maximizes light transition
- Offers a magnification range of 1.5x to 4x
- The magnification adjustment ring is a little stiff
- With a minimum magnification of 1.5x, the scope makes it a little difficult to transition between close targets
What’s In the Box?
- 1 Mark AR MOD 1-115387 Leupold Rifle Scope, matte black
- Owner’s instruction manual
With a rating of 4.7 out of 5 on Amazon, most of the 20 reviewers have stated that the Mark AR MOD 1-115387 Leupold Rifle Scope happens to be a really good product. Very little complaints have been raised, which speaks volumes about the scope’s performance. To sum it up, the majority of reviewers agree that the rifle scope offers excellent value with a solid and compact construction.
Overall, the Leupold 115387 Mark AR MOD 1 Rifle Scope is a high reliable piece of equipment. Not only is this scope cheap and easy to use, it also offers you a great magnification range. And best of all, the rifle scope makes it easy for you to accurately hit targets that are far off. If you’re planning to hunt game from a distance, the Leupold 115387 Mark AR MOD 1 would make an ideal choice.